Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rome, a weird and lovely province

Somethings attract my eyesight in Rome

All the shop are on sell. But I like their window designs




The artist I like

They park their cars in different ways!

1. When the flight landed, passengers clapped their hands for celebrating safe landing.
2. My host, Marcello told me that Italians are liars. Once, a couple from Swizland was fined by the police, Italians were surprised when they paid the fine. 
3. My wwoofer friend, Louis from Sapin also said that Spanish were dishonest. I wonder I should trust Marcello and Louis whether Italians and Spanish were liars.



I wwoof at Corese Terra with Pompilio family for three weeks (22 Januray to 12 February 2013).
Nonna Rosa: I miss her so much. She is 82 but she is so healthy. She works day and night and never get tire. She works at the farm during daytimes and does some sewing works during night time. She is a great cook. She is such a kind nonna. Her birthday is one day before Valentine Day (13 February).
Pompilio: He is kind and always treats me nice. Although he can speak simple English only, he always offers help.
Luis: A Spanish volunteer. He is a naughty young man. He just keeps eating but he is thin. I like the interaction between nonna and him. The scene always warmed my heart. They have inspired me to write a children story. After he left, the laughter get lesser.
Nuno: A Portuguese volunteer. He is serious in food consumption.  
Food: I have never eaten so many kiwis in my life. I eat around  5 kiwis per day. (100+ kiwis for three weeks!!!!!), first time to eat Feijoa. . I never ‘drink’ so many olive oils in my life too. I also eat Gnocchi (potatoes + eggs + flour), Ie risotto, robioli, Carciofi, caffe e Ricotta….I gain weight here. There are unlimited white wine are served.

No comments:

Post a Comment