Pages

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Hitch hiking in England and Wales June/July 2013


From Glossop (Manchester) to Bestheda (North Wales)
Time: 7.30am to 3.30pm  (4 cars, 1 van)
Comment: According to google map, the journey took less than 2 hours, therefore I gave it a poor range. It was raining for whole day and difficult to get lift. I was freezing at the gas station near to motorway (M67/60), I get a lift to a gas station near Stockport after 30 minutes. Then I get a lift to the round about which lead to M56 after 30 minutes. I waited around two hours near to the roundabout, it was a poor spot but there was no good spot nearby. A car gave me a lift to the rest area at M56. Yes, the rest area was a great spot but there were no many rest areas on the motorway. The driver has retired and he used to be a truck driver. He introduced different brands of truck on the journey.  He dropped me off at the junction of A55.
 It was dangerous to wait there, a van pick me up after 45 minutes.  The van driver was bringing her pregnant wife on vacation in North Wales. They were extremely kinds and hospitable. They were musicians and had upload many their songs on youtube (multimorgasmic).

From Llundidno to Haverfordwest
Time: 715am to 4.15pm (6 cars, 1 van)
Comment: poor. I waited at gas station to A470 instead of the round about to A470 since I believe communication is an important tool to get a lift.  However a driver gave me a lift to the roundabout after 30 minutes I waited at the gas station and most of the gas station customers were local residents. I waited at the Cowyn  Road and get a lift to Glan Conwy after around 1 and half hours. It was a short lift and then I get another lift for 10 miles after 1 hour. I was desperate because the lifts were too short but the waiting times were too long. I got a lift around 11am and this was a long lift to Aberystwyth. They  were going to attend a church conference in Lampeter. They were very kind, Pam who sat beside me gave me an apple, a chocolate, a bottle of coke, a cup of fruit and a sandwich. Before dropping me, they prayed for my journey. After they dropping me, I get a lift after 5 minutes..amazing! I was so happy. However, the lift was only few miles and I started to question the mighty of God. The worst was it was raining and I desperate again. After half hours I get a lift. They (Christ and Joyce) explained that they had pass through me and they felt uncomfortable to see a hitchhiker hitching during a rainy day. Therefore they turned around and picked me up. They supposed to drop me at  Cardigan but they insisted to drop me at a place which was suitable to hitch. Lastly they drove many miles and dropped me at Fishguard. I waited 10 minutes only at the junction to Haverfordwest and get a ride to Haverfordwest bus station.

From Haverfordwest to Cardiff
Time 1030am to 1.15pm (2 cars)
Comment: excellent. I just took out the hitchhike sign board and get a lift immediately from Haverfordwest to Cametheon (I waited at a hard shoulder on A40 near to city center). The driver, David dropped me at the round about to Cardiff. I met another hitchhiker there. I spent around 15 minutes only and get a lift to Cardiff, right to the front of my host home.

From New Port to Bath
Time : 8.30am to 10am (2cars)
Comment: excellent. I waited at the roundabout towards London/Bath and get a lift after 15 minutes. After the bridge, the driver dropped me at a roundabout but he asked ‘a kiss’ for the lift. Of course, I rejected him. I waited at the roundabout and after ten minutes, a couple picked me up and sent me to Bath directly.


From Bath to London
Time: 7.30am – 3.30pm (3 cars)
Comment: poor. Neil drove me 14 miles to the junction of M4. I waited at the roundabout for nearly one hour and get a lift to a service area. The driver who was a ski coach, drove me few kilometer to the service area which is 3 km far away from his target destination though. A young couple gave me a lift at this service area. They saw me standing on hard shoulder that morning but they don't give me a lift at that time  and they decided to give me a ride since they meet me twice. It is not a long ride.They send me to another service area. At that service area, I was picked up by a courier service man, Christopher after 11am. He drove to Reading to deliver parcels so I have a glance to Reading. Then we drove to west London and then east south London. Traffic is too heavy for the journey. It was amazing that Christopher delivers a parcel to MIS (Military Intelligent Sixth). The green building is full of surveillance cameras. A security guide and a officer collected the parcel at the back gate of MIS. We do not have a chance to drive in the green building. After finishing his tasks, he send me to Nick's home. :)...it is 330pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment