Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Austria (Klagenfurt, Wein) August 2013


Klagenfurt




Klagenfurt Stadium

Wein (Vienna)







I didn’t like Klagenfurt. I wasted time there for asking direction. 80% of people that I met were tourists due to the Volley Ball Championship. The local either could not speak English or unwilling to help. I asked Evelyn ‘s neighbour to help to give Evelyn a call, she just answered ‘NO’ and shut the door. I belled the ring of her neighbourhood and no one answered the doors. While their dogs kept barking, they shouted at their dogs from window. Most of the houses were fenced; Evelyn told me that it was due to many Romanians disturbing the peaceful of neighbourhood.  The local found Romanians were annoying. They were not friendly to strangers. Nevertheless, there were some good Austrian giving directions and offering me a hand. As a conclusion, I didn’t like Klagenfurt due to Evlyn’s neighbourhood’s unfriendly attitude and also it was so difficult to ask for direction…90% answer : don’t know; sorry I cannot speak English…
I like Klagenfurt Lake. The problems were quite similar to Balatonalmadi. Many areas of lake were privatized. It ruined my moods for freedom. There were really very crowded due to the championship. I borrowed Evelyn’s bicycle riding around the lake and it was a wonderful experience. Evelyn’s mother offers me apples. While I took the offer, she immediately plucked an apple from the tree and gave to me, what’s a wonderful experience. Evelyn also prepared Austrian dumplings for us.

Vienna (Wein) was a city .I did not sense its musical environment, there were many commercial concerts and operas though. Due to the high temperature, I did not really enjoy the city walk. Therefore, Robert and I cycled to Schonbrunn Palace at 7am and came back on 10am on the second day. ???Palace was quite a good place for picnic, jogging and relaxing.
The most disappointed was swimming in Danau River. Since Danau River was very famous so I insisted to swim there. However, the water was not clean. It was quite dangerous since the dept of water was unpredictable. I walked down and suddenly sank since there was no big stone on the river bed. It was not too safe for children.

People that I met
Evelyn: she was young but intelligent. She emphasized on healthy lifestyle and food. There was another surfer from Peru. He looked a little bit strange since he took off his shirt all the day. He has travelled for 12 years and claimed that he owned a company to teach people to travel. It was strange to hear that people willing to pay for learning the way to travel.

Robert is an Australian. Robert cooked for me and his friend. He was a fantastic cook. It was strange that his friend warned me that Robert was dangerous while he drank too much. Therefore I did not go to bar with him. The second day, Robert told me that he used to have affair with the friend. However, they were nice persons, I was just not match their lifestyles.

No comments:

Post a Comment