Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hungary (Budapest, Szekesferhervar, Balatonalmadi) July 2013

Budapest Matthias Chruch

fountain at Obudai

Sculpture on the mountain

Pest

Szekesferhervar1

Szekesferhervar2
Balaton Lake

Balaton Lake






I just realized that Budapest was divided to Buda and Pest. Kristina showed me around Buda in the evening. It was so lovely and it prompted me to spend more time at Vienna which I intended to skip. I visited Pest under 36 Celsius degree and it was really exhausting. Budapest was a beautiful city. I loved it because the free admissions to castle or palace. If you wanted a free toilet, please went in Hilton Hotel and the toilet was on the right. Do not ask for permission!
I arrived Szekesferhervar at a traffic light on 79 Budai street. I walked around 2 km to where my host Zsomba work. However I only found 177 and there was no 179 . I walked half hour (1km) continuing Budai street  but I cannot see any shops or houses and therefore I went back to 177 and the officer helped me to call Zsomba. I walked 400 meter again to the OMV gas station. I was so tire. I asked him about the address. I almost cried while he admitted that he had no idea what his company address was. However, he didn’t inform me about the wrong address but gave a ‘ghost’ address. I have walked 2km with a 10kg backpack to find his company address but to no avail and begged someone to call him. He seemed so ignorance and didn’t find out what the consequences to provide a wrong address.  I was so frustrated and we agreed to meet after his working hour. I was really angry. However, he was a good man. I enjoyed staying at his home very much: we had a nice dinner, a wonderful family lunch, attending wine festival, swimming at Balaton Lake.
I was quite disappointed with the quality of Balaton Lake. Firstly, there is no public place for swimming. All are privatised and you need to pay (630+ Hungarian Forint)to swim in the lake. It is really stupid. There are just few hundred meters opened to public where we can enjoy the view of Balaton. Therefore I swam there. However, I was the only one who swam with a dog on the small public area. The water quality was disappointed which was too muddy and there were many plants in the lake or on the surface of the lake. It was very uncomfortable to step on the plants. Zsomba and I visited it in the evening and you can swim for free before closing time.
I attended the wine festival. It was not beer but wine festival. It was quite interesting and I enjoyed it.

People I met
Kristina: She is a talent artist and very good in portraits drawing. She takes care of her brother and friends. Kristina’s brother, Mihaly has tattoos all over his body. He has no job and no target for his life but a really kind young man. He hasn’t found his life philosophy and it may take time. Kristina has a friend, Yani who is an opera singer. He is a little bit touchy but respects Asian culture. He is just like a child who can sing opera on the street. He paid ice-cream for us. hahah
Zsomba: He is an honest man. He scared of commitment so he has no intention for marriage. He tries his best not to controled by his mother. I am not sure what he is trying to escape from, he is a good man. He is introverted, likes drinking and photographing. His home is wonderful where got a swimming pool and it is just like a holiday resort and you can enjoy the view of Balation Lake from his home. Even though he is only 34 years old, he has more than 10 girlfriends in the past, hahah.

No comments:

Post a Comment