Pages

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Slovenia (Celje, Ljublijana, Bledn, Bohinj) July 2013

Celje Square

View from Celje castle

Ljublijana

Ljublijana

Dragon Bridge (Ljublijana)

Ljiblijana

Bled

Bled

Bohinj

Bohinj


Celje is a small city and not a touristic place. However I enjoyed my Celje trip very much. Irena brings me to her family gathering at her brother home which located on the top of the mountain. The view is amazing and the food is awesome. There were many types of pancakes. Her nephew plays traditional Slovenian music for me. The guests sing or hum while the music is flowing on the air. There are not much tourists in Celje but it was a lovely and clean small city. Celje castle navigates a sad story about forbidden love between Prince Frederick and a lady Veronica. Frederick was locked in the castle for lifelong and the lady was believed being killed or evicted.
Ljublijana were a small city. While I was at Celje, the temperature was 36 degree Celsius. However, on the journey to Ljublijana, the driver received a call from her son and was informed that there was a hailstorm in Ljublijana.  The temperature dropped sharply to 20 degree Celsius. Most of the trees along the highway slant to one sides and some were toppled. While I arrived Ljublina, the temperature was 20 degrees only.
Darko showed me around the centre in the evening. It was lively but not too congested. He was a sweet young man to bring an extra umbrella to me. The market or city centre of Ljublijana was not so clean as Celje, rubbishes were sprawling at the pathway. The river was quite clean but after drinking few class of beer, Darko just pees at the riverside.  Few year ago, some tourists from German jumped and swam in the river. Slovenian people was shocked and not welcomed their deeds. They should not do it in the city center. I joined the walking tour too, it was quite interesting. Nevertheless, I was too exhausted to walk up to the castle. A cheeseburger only costs 1 Euro but there was no McDonald at tourist spots, I was very disappointed. Slovenian did eat horse meat but I lost the chance to eat. It was interesting to find out that there was water meter of every houses here, therefore they paid water bill by counting the number of residents. It was strange.
I hitchhike to Bled and Bohinj for one day trip. The water of Bled and Bohinj were very clean and clear. The visible was more than 1 meter. I was so regret that I didn’t prepare for swimming. It must be a wonderful experience to swim in such clean water. Bled and Bohinj were really beautiful, it was very worth to spend one or two days there. The water from Bled and Bohinj were connected. Along the journey from Bled to Bohinj, the scene was amazing and awesome. You can stop anywhere to enjoy the sparkling water. I had visited many lakes in Europe, the lakes in Slovenian were the best.

People that I met
Irena has a wonderful lifestyle. She knows what she is going to do and enjoying her life very much. She taught me about recognizing and categorizing stones. I hope she will succeed in her new hotel business.
Darko is a very cute and shy host. He has a very kind heart. He has a lot of crazy idea and I think he would be a very good husband and hope he can find his wife soon. Even though, he was bullied by his mother and sister for many year (he claimed these), he still prepared to give his wife fully support and love. He was very sweet. He prepared an umbrella for me and a bus card for all the surfers. We just need to top up the amount.
He is an interesting fortune teller.  As he said, he was always right but reality didn’t follow his fortune telling.

No comments:

Post a Comment