Pages

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Greece (18 April to 26 April)


Athens (18 April to 22 April 2013)

Perfume!

Aegina Island

Aegina Island
 
Ioannina 22 April to 26 April 2013
Ioannina

Patra bridge

Sunset in Ioannina


People I met: Yani (host in Ioannina), Manos (driver who gave me a ride and buy me the most expensive lunch that I have in Europe)
Greece is totally different with other Western Europe. The architects look bore (mostly in square) ; the streets are not clean. The buildings look old. I can sense ‘poor’,  just like other Eastern Europe.
I get 50% discount to Acropolis. This is my first time to pay admission fee to enter a popular and famous tourist destination.
I expected that most of Greeces are philosophers and full of wisdom. Even though they learn philosophy in elementary school, they are more interest in economy crisis talk than life philosophy. No one care about Socrates, Plato and Aristotle.
Greece is the first country that I have visited in Europe (Bulgaria, Romania, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Nederland, Hungary and Germany, where plastic bags are provided at supermarkets!!!
I love Greece’s hospitality. While I hitchhike to a gas station which is 20km from Ioannia, the staff immediately welcomed me to sit inside the shop, helped me to call my host  and offered me free coffee and cakes. Usually I will only welcome to stay in a shop if I purchased something; I need to pay if I make a call; I need to pay if I use the toilet. However, the staff (sorry I forgot their names) were so friendly. The female staff have graduated 8 years as a pre-school teacher, she has to work in gas station since she can’t get a teacher job. Yani used to have 20 students but he only got 4 students nowadays. Greece has suffered from economy crisis for too long!

Foods I ate in Greece

Greece traditional food


No comments:

Post a Comment