Pages

Friday, May 17, 2013

Macedonia (2 May to 8 May 2013)


Ohrid (2 May to 6 May)







                                                   Easter Celebration with traditional dancing

Skopje ( 6 May to 8 May 2013)
Add caption



People that I met: Oliver  Maruskor and his family
I can find any hosts Ohrid since it was Easter holiday. We celebrated our Easter Saturday at a church near to the Valentine Room and Apartment. There was a crown during the midnight, do not worry about the security. Many Macedonians gave us free eggs during Easter Days. I really enjoy their hospitality.

I took a bus from Ohrid to Skopje (500 dinar). Macedonian government has spent millions of Euros to decorate the city with large status. I am little bit disappointed that the grand buildings and status just finished in this year. Some are still under construction! Overall, Skopje is a good city to visit.

My host, Oliver’s restaurant is amazing. Although it is not at the city center (2km), the food, service and environment are the best. I like the environment the best. It is a famous restaurant in Skopje. Oliver only told me the name of his restaurant without address. I was worry that to get there. However, this restaurant is so well-known. I kept asking direction from bus station to city center , his restaurant. All of them know about this restaurant which called Dva Elena (Two Deers restaurant)!!!
I upload all the foods that I ate in Dva Elena…please have a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment