Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Finland (Helsinki) August


I never planned to visit Finland. However during my journey hitch hiking from Riga, Latvia to Tallinn, Estonia, the driver had inspired me to visit Finland. Therefore I decided to have one day trip to Finland. I took the earliest ferry ( 8am) to and latest ferry (9.30pm)back which were run by Viking Line. 

Finland was much expensive than Estonia.

Finland was beautiful because it was surrounded by sea water and its archipelago (around 310 islands) was amazing. The city was not too big. I have a bad experience with the hawker at the central market, I wonder he was not a Finnish. His selling goods were low in quality but cheap. I requested to have a ‘new’ one which look better. Then he started ‘bark’ for at least 5 minutes (such as..China  people always…I was so angry and told him that I was not from China..but the man just kept barking), I really feel disgusting to stand in front of his stall. This was the only bad experience I had in Finland.

By the way, Helsinki Cathedral was quite impressed. The architect, Engel seems to be the Goedhi in Barcelona. However, Goedhi’s architect was extremely impressive.

Before leaving Finland, I tried to find a man for culture exchange at the park. Therefore I talked to a man who was sitting alone on the field. I was surprised that he used to be an exchange student to Malaysia. We had some simple and short culture exchange. It was nice for me to talk to a Finnish before leaving the country.






No comments:

Post a Comment