Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Sweden (Norrkoping & Stockholm) August - September


I arrived Skavsta airport around 10+pm, so I decided to spend a night here since it was difficult to get a lift during midnight.
Norrkoping was a small city but beautiful. It was peaceful and lovely. I was very surprise the people that I met 40% have visited Malaysia. It was awesome. I ate delicious cake at a spectacles shop for their 50 years anniversary. I also ate a homemade chocolate which was 3x3x2cm which costs 25 sek (RM15). There were many Somali refugees at the town and most of them did not have a job and get subsidizes from government. Refugees from worldwide without a job had become a heavy burden for government and Swedish. It was a controversial issue now.  

Stockholm was a beautiful city. I love its archipelago very much. Since I bought a three days ticket (250sek) for public transportation in Stockholm. Therefore I just hopped on and hopped off all the public transportation to visited all the site-seeing. I visited islands by islands by bus instead of boats haha. The card can be used for ferry too. 


People that I met
Anna was a woman who had some emotional problem. However she was a very kind woman. The first and foremost was her credits for my cooking. Hahah She was so kind to accompany me waiting for a car during hitch hiking from Norrkoping to Stockholm.

Mats. It was not a good couchsurfing experience. We were lack of communication but I believe he was a gentle man. We have bad communication before my arrival and it maybe one of the reasons that we lost interested to have culture exchange. I supposed to surf him four nights but he changed his mind last minutes. I supposed to borrow his bicycle but he told me he need time (one day) to repair his bicycle (since I only have two full days, I decided to buy three days ticket instead of waiting for his bike). I dislike or hate the way he writes to me “if we cannot make a deal, I will cancel my hosting a day before my arrival while I suggested that in the last minutes. It was too rude and I felt a little bit hurt.


 Norrkoping


Stockholm








No comments:

Post a Comment