Pages

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Czech Republic (Prahu & Tasov) August 2013

Prahu






Prahu most famous Gothic architect


Tasov / Trebusin








Prague was not suitable for cycling because I hate cycling up and down. It was an amazing city and got many beautiful architects. Prahu palace was wonderful. The gothic architect was wonderful. The river was not as clean as Balkan rivers. I like strolling the island in the middle of lake. It was a big and rich heritages city and worth for two full days visit. 

I had a terrible but expensive dinner in a Meditereanan restaurant. The bread was cold and hard, the food was bad.

I joined a farewell party of Patrick’s friend. She was going to serve Scotland church. I was surprised most of the family who attended the party have 5 members. Patrick admitted that Czech family usually had two children only. They were surprised most of their friends had three children and they were expecting the third baby too.

There was a Czech asking me about the economy of Malaysia. I told him that the economy of Malaysia was quite good, not as good as Singapore though. However, while I told him that Malaysian economy was quite similar to Romanian. His response was Romanian economy was poor. If compared to European country, Malaysian economy was bad, while comparing to South East Asia, Malaysian economy was top three. After my explanation, he immediately apologized to me. It remind me what Christian Mikkelson ( a backpacker that I met in Mongolia) expressed his deep sympathy to the poor in Malaysia. I was not rich but I never thought we were so poor. 


People that I met

Tomas had travelled to South East Asia for two years. He climbed up and down Mount Kinabalu and reached the peak within one day. It was amazing. He was a Slovakian. However, Czech and Slovak ‘s language were similar so there were plenty Slovakian working at Prahu.

Actually I met Patrick during hitchhiking trip from Amsterdam to Berlin. Since he invited me visiting his lovely hometown, I kept contacting with him. I visited Czech after three months and we met again. Patrick and Hana’s family was wonderful. They built their own house. Patrick still kept his enthusiasm to his wife, family and jobs. I helped him to clean the kitchen early in the morning and he intended to make Hana happy while she woke up to see a clean kitchen. Patrick was an very understanding husband, he understand the need of a wife. I hope they will live happily ever since. They honeymoon was hiking at Romanian mountain. It was strange but amazing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment