Pages

Friday, October 4, 2013

Latvia (Riga) August 2013


Riga had a huge population of Russian. Orthodox was strong, Lithuania had more Catholic believers. They are going to use Euro next year so I decide to keep their money for souvenir. 

River Daugava was not so clean. Cycling around the river was a wonderful experience, I lost my way though. Cycling was quite dangerous since the pathways of cycling were not well-established. While I cross the bridge on Brivibas Street, there was a light pole so I slow down but the coming cyclist just in speed (he should be the one to give way) and then I was too scare and had no choice knocked to the gate and fall down. A female passenger who passing by just used index finger to point up that my camera was on the floor and kept going without giving me a help or some greeting.  I stood up and picked up my bag and camera. Passengers just passed by without giving me a glimpse. I hated Riga because of this. The people were too cold-blooded.

Cycling at Riga was quite dangerous since the path was not friendly to cyclist. There were too many pumps that bikers need to jump up before entering bike traits. It was tiring and dangerous.

People that I met
Iveta was a sweet lady. Her husband, Rashid was a Morocco man. He wrote to her via CouchSurfing  and she fall in love to him. Many may curious about their relationship since Rashid is much younger. I can sense the love from Iveta to Rashid. Rashid is just a ‘Muslim’ or ‘Asian’ man, he need to treat his wife better instead of being the host of the house.









No comments:

Post a Comment