Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Day in Veliko Tarnovo


Although Bulgarians did not celebrate Thanksgiving Day, Colby took a leave to have a feast in the evening. We shopped at Kaufland hypermarket, neither Colby nor I can read Bulgarian language and Colby tried to get help from shopkeepers to get the right ingredients and species but to no avail since they cannot speak English. He was quite confused and simply chose some species for evening dinner.

He invited Annie (British) and Edward (Spanish) for dinner. Thanksgiving Day is a special festival for American and Canadian, Annie, Edward and I had never celebrated Thanksgiving. We expected a turkey for dinner. Nevertheless, there was a chicken instead of turkey since 24 hours was needed to defrost a turkey and we were lack of time. Annie and I were a little bit disappointed.

Since this was my first Thanksgiving Day, I hope to hear Thanksgiving songs, to watch Thanksgiving dance…Nevertheless, there was no traditional songs, dances and costumes for Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is just a festival for a family gathering, there is no specific celebration. I did request some performances from Colby, therefore he show apple juggling. Awesome! Four of us (An American, a British, Spanish and Malaysian) had a great culture exchange talk in the evening.

I was a little confused with the relationship between Colby and Annie, I wonder they were a couple or friends. Colby has passed his romantic night at Annie home for the previous party but they did not act as a couple; Annie may be not the girl, there were too many girls in the previous party. 

Colby plays apple juggling

Spanish Tortilla that cooked by Colby..yummy yummy
Time was flying away and it was getting dark. Finally, Colby informed me that he may overnight somewhere else. I was glad that my instinct was right. I just confused why didn’t they went for dating every night since Colby only spent one and half month in Veliko Tarnovo. Why didn’t they act as a couple? Actually I was very curious of this kind of relationship; I wonder it is polite to ask him. I had no mean to give comment on the relationship; I just wonder what were in their minds. Is it love? Flesh? Love mixed with Flesh?

No comments:

Post a Comment